Tuesday 5 June 2018

Growing Healthy Bodies

Growing Healthy Bodies


This week for topic we have been learning about growing healthy bodies. Today we had a special visit from a Nurse called Ann, she came in and talked about how to have a healthy body and what we should drink and what not to drink.
Do we know what is actually in bottles of fizzy and unhealthy drinks?

  • After You have drank a whole bottle of Coke you have to run a full marathon to burn off the sugar and acid.
  • There is 5 mugs of coffee in v
  • If you drink 3 bottles of coke you're basically drinking 48 teaspoons of sugar

here is a picture of the order of the healthy drinks to the unhealthy drinks

How much sugar in these drinks?

  1. Lift + ( 59 grams of sugar) = 14.7 teaspoons of sugar
  2. V8 Veggie juice ( 27 grams of sugar) = 6.7 teaspoons of sugar
  3. Pump flavoured water ( 17 grams of sugar)= 4.25 teaspoons of sugar
  4. V pure ( 29.2 grams of sugar) = 7.2 teaspoons of sugar
  5. V energy drink ( 53 grams of sugar) = 13.25 teaspoons of sugar
  6. Sprite ( 25 grams of sugar ) = 6.2 teaspoons of sugar     
  7. Coke ( 63 grams of sugar) = 16 teaspoons of sugar


Here is a picture of my healthy and unhealthy sheet. My colour is red ( obviously )
      

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mia. I cant believe that V has the equivalent of 5 mugs of coffee in it. I only drink 1-2 coffees a day so I cant imagine how I would feel after drinking 5!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Tell me a joke or something funny to engage me. Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.