Friday 17 June 2016



I rode a dog!!!

There I am running down the hallway like a Jamaican sprinter in the Olympics.

I scream out loud, “There he is!”
The one I’ve been looking for all along appears in front of me. It’s Bandit my Aunty's partner’s dog. He is a farm dog so he is big enough for me to ride. I grab his long tail.
“Aaarrrr!” he yelps, like train brakes squeaking on the train tracks.
“It’s all right Bandit,” I said soothingly as I prepared myself to climb on my unknowing steed.  I crouch low one hand firmly holding his collar then 1, 2, 3, I pounce like a scolded cat onto his back.  We’re off, hurtling down the hallway, tearing through the dining room and out the back door, nearly bowling grandad over as he came in from the garden.
“WHAT ARE YOU BLOODY DOING!!” he roared as we tumbled down the stairs in front of him. I was still holding on, but only just, as Bandit headed down the driveway. Finally I had to admit defeat and let go. The ride was over.
“That was awesome!” I thought.  That is until I saw the thundering look on Grandad’s face as he stormed towards me…

By Mia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mia,
    Dad and I love this piece of writing. I can actually see the look on Grandad's face and hear his voice as I read this piece. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Tell me a joke or something funny to engage me. Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.