Monday 7 May 2018

Descriptive writing on an image



In a momentary pause on my morning stroll . . .


I feel the blazing sun blooming through the frosty trees, glistening
straight towards my face while the rest of my body is frozen.
My bitter cold fingers go numb as the wind blows through the frozen
trees and the appearing sun blinds me as it chases the last remnants
of darkness away.


The chilled trees stand frozen like a moment has stopped in time
while the slow rising sun is illuminating the frost which has taken
over what used to be a soccer field. Rays of sunlight peek through
the lonely faded goal posts igniting memories of childhood fun.


Crisp grass crunches under my feet as I slowly pace closer to the
leafless frosty trees. The silence around me is suddenly filled with
cold little birds chirping their morning melody in the chilled icy trees.


When I breath in I can taste the cold thick air as it runs through my
body causing a shiver down my spine. I taste the warmth of sunlight
fall down my throat colliding into the numbing cold air at the
bottom of my chest.


Refreshing crisp smells of approaching snow sprinkled with a
morning dew hang in the air, it is tinged with a hint of wood smoke.
The delicate and fragrant aroma of coffee teases my nostrils inviting
me to seek its source. It is cosy and soothing prompting me to
continue my journey on this typical winter morning.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful storey you are so clever Mia xx Nana Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Nana Linda,
      Thank you for the nice comment,I really appreciate it.

      Yours sincerely

      Mia

      Delete

Hi! Tell me a joke or something funny to engage me. Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.