Sunday 13 May 2018

T2 W2 Maths - Percentages

This week in maths my group has been learning to calculate percentages of an amount. Some percentages are easier to work out than others. In some of the questions I had to solve it in 2 parts because first I had to work out the percentage and then I had to take it off the total amount. This maths skill will be useful when I go shopping in sales because I will be able to work out how much money I can save.                                                                                                    
Here is a question for you to try and work out comment your answer below: 
                                                                                     
Converse shoes originally cost $135, they are now in a 25% of sale. How much will they cost now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Tell me a joke or something funny to engage me. Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.